Asphalt Paving Superintendent
We are seeking an experienced Asphalt Paving Superintendent to supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in spreading, rolling, tamping, and patching asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, to airport runways.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are met by complying with legislation, company policies and promoting a safe work environment
- Will directly supervise asphalt paving employees
- Ensuring the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
- Training new crew members.
- Calculating the number of trucks required to haul asphalt from the plant according to vehicle capacity, traffic conditions, distance from work site, and productivity of drivers.
- Touring job sites to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules, to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment, measure slope and material thickness to verify compliance with contracts, and to supervise the job.
- Supervising and coordinating crew activities, studying production schedules, and estimating work requirements for completion of job assignment in compliance with or beating the job estimate.
- Multitasking/coordination of multiple projects
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing.
- Maintaining company policy.
- Recommends measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and 3 + years of related asphalt and paving experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to type and use keyboards accurately
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to keep time and material records.
- Ability to work days, nights and weekends as the project scope and deadlines dictate
- Able to withstand excessive temperature variations and fluctuations throughout the year
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction and communicate effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes
- Other duties may be assigned
We offer a highly competitive wage with excellent benefits.
Ideker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- OSHA 10 (Preferred but not required)
Work Location: Kansas City Metro area